TDM CCN Header

24 November 2014

Gourd Noodle Soup with Shrimp and Miso


The sinking feeling I felt seemed like it was endless when I discovered that the pictures of this dish were nowhere to be found in my computer nor in my external drives. I have four to be sure. One I use regularly, that's always hooked to my computer all the time and three others are backups of the contents of my main one. Call it paranoia but if I didn't have these backups, I would have completely lost ALL my pictures. The latest external drive that I bought showed a flatline and I tried desperately a hundred of times to fix the problem to no avail. I got 98% of the pictures back from my backups and lost the other 2% and this dish in that little bracket of lost files. This is the only picture I have left. Sigh.

Let me tell you about this flavorful noodle soup. It is an Asian kind of noodle soup that is perfect to have on those days when you need something to warm you up. This is based on one of my favorite noodle soups when I was growing up, the Sponge Gourd Soup with Misua, Shrimp and Saffron. With this version, I made it much richer by adding miso paste and a lot more vegetables. And I absolutely love the more complex flavors mixing together! If you are not into shrimp, just switch it to chicken and go for the more conventional mixture of chicken and vegetable noodle soup.

You can this wonderful Gourd Noodle Soup with Shrimp (and Miso) recipe at She Knows. If you like it, check out more of my recipes there at my Profile Page. Have a good week!

More Asian Soup Recipes:

Fish in Tamarind and Miso Soup (Sinigang)  
Pork and Shrimp Dumpling Soup (Molo Soup)  
Cantonese Corn Soup