You can make this recipe after making the Veal Rolls with Marsala, Pistachios & Arugula because the meat I used here are the strips that were taken away from the rolls to make them perfectly straight. There are a lot of possibilities but this came to mind quickly because the ingredients are on hand. Of course, you can make this recipe too without relying on leftovers from the other recipe.
The strips of meat that remained from the veal rolls yielded an abundant plate for one person. This is a really quick and easy sautè dish. The ingredients cook very fast and as always, it is best if eaten immediately.
I have been cooking this dish for years now and it was only recently (updating this recipe now, October 2015) that I thought of updating it a little bit. I added some fresh lemon juice to the meat before sautèing it and I changed the breadcrumbs to fresh bread that I crushed in the food processor before sautèing. There is a difference to the taste and I like it much better now because it is much tastier. To avoid the the breadcrumbs from absorbing too much oil, I toasted them in a separate saucepan without oil then I just combined it with the meat when it was already cooked. Definitely, this updated recipe is much better than before so enjoy!
More Veal Recipes:
Sauteed Veal Strips With Arugula & Parmesan
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (made in the food processor)
- 150 grams veal strips (also leftovers from the veal rolls prior to this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 2 cups arugula, chopped coarsely
- Over low - medium heat, in a dry saucepan, toast the breadcrumbs until they turn golden brown the set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, pepper and lemon juice with the meat. Mix it well.
- Over medium heat, in another saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sautè the meat until they turn brown.
- Add the arugula and the Parmesan. Toss for 1 minute then turn off the fire.
- Toss in the breadcrumbs and mix well. Serve immediately.