The simplicity of the white and green combination of this breakfast refreshes my eyes in the morning. Sweet chamomile syrup mixed with vanilla yogurt was something that runs fluidly in my mind when I put this together. Just making the words roll in my mouth made me go straight to the kitchen and let my imagination run my hands in mixing.
I'm still in the course of traveling along the Italian & French Riviera and enjoying every single detail of each country's representation of the coastline. There is a curiosity of which riviera is more beautiful but I think it's something that can be answered by our own personal tastes and preferences. I like both, with all honesty. Every town that I pass is more beautiful than the other and there is an endless show of beauty in this part of Italy & France. The simplicity of beauty doesn't have its limits in nature. Soon, I will be tapping on keyboards at home to show you the villages, food, hotels and everything interesting during this week. I always fall in love with this area everytime I am here. I'm sure you will too when you see it.
While I am still traveling, let me share with you this refreshing and simple breakfast. This week has been a marathon of working and relaxing in beautiful spots of Italy and France. I can't wait to share them as soon as I get back home!
Have a great weekend from the sunny side of France! Leaving for Italian Riviera again tomorrow.
- 400 ml. white yogurt (or vanilla-flavored yogurt if you don't have a vanilla pod)
- 1 vanilla pod or extract
- 1/8 cup chamomile tea (dried chamomile flowers or teabag steeped in water for 10 minutes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 green apple, diced
- 2 pears, diced
- chamomile flowers (garnish)
- In a small pot over medium heat, mix the chamomile tea and honey. Cook until it becomes lightly thick. Let it cool.
- Slice the vanilla pod vertically in the middle. Scrape out the seeds with the tip of the knife.
- Mix the vanilla seeds with the yogurt.
- Add the fruits then mix.
- Serve the yogurt with the chamomile syrup.