After a delectable meal, there's nothing more agreeable than to conclude it with an equally delicious dessert. I think I am not alone on that. It is an integral part of a meal, that if well-orchestrated, gives the conclusive effect on the whole eating experience. The "run away there's cream in it" in me can even forget about desserts drowned in cream as long as the final piece to the gastronomic picture is scrumptious too.
On a daily basis at home, I rarely prepare desserts because we usually stop at the fruits after a meal. I only prepare this course when I cook an elaborate dinner. So, after a labor-intensive, but rewarding dinner, I served this
cream with dessert dessert with
cream. Maybe I am finally letting my hair down with all this dairy
constraint hang up, but yes, I did eat a whole bowl of this scrumptious
It's a mixture of mascarpone and cream (I did use the lightest one I could find at the supermarket!) doused with amarena syrup, which probably did the trick. The coffee and chocolates counterbalanced the intensity of the amarena. How can I describe it? Close your eyes and imagine amarena with espresso, brandy and chocolates. Lovely.
|Amarena by Fabbri|
Amarena Mascarpone TrifleIngredients:
Yields 4 individual servings
- 4 espresso servings preferably prepared in a moka pot
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 200 grams light cream (or regular cream)
- 1/2 cup amarena syrup
- 3 tablespoons amarena cherries, finely chopped + more for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons chocolate shavings or chips + more for garnishing
- 100 grams savoiardi biscuits or ladyfingers
- In a small bowl, mix the espresso, brandy and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mascarpone, cream, amarena syrup, amarena cherries and chocolate chips.
- Prepare the individual bowls. Dip the savoiardi biscuits in the espresso mixture, just long enough to absorb the liquid but not too long that they become soggy. Layer them at the bottom of the bowls. Cut them to pieces if you have to, to make them fit.
- Spoon the mascarpone mixture on top of the savoiardi and cover them. Repeat the layering. The last layer should be the mascarpone mixture.
- Garnish with the remaining amarena cherries and chocolate chips.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving